Home made granola is super healthy and you can vary the ingredients to suit your larder. Our delicious raspberry granola includes a really simple raspberry compote which moistens the healthy mix and adds a powerful burst of flavour!
- 100g of seeds – we like to use sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- 100g of nuts – we usually have walnut and cashew in our cupboard.
- 400g of rolled oats.
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil
- 2 table spoons honey or maple syrup
- 150g dried fruit – we like raisins, dates and cranberries.
- 200g frozen raspberries.
- 2 normal eating apples.
- Chop the dried fruit and crush the nuts in a food processor or pestle morter.
- Combine all of the ingredients apart from: the dried fruit and raspberries. In a large bowl and mix really really well.
- Sprinkle ingredients over two lightly greased baking trays (1 cal spray coconut oil is good for this).
- Cook on 170 for 25-30 mins until the mix is lightly browned. Watch the mixture does not catch or burn, if this happens remove the trays straight away.
- Meanwhile grate the two apples. In a pan heat up the apple and raspberries and simmer until they are of a jam like consistency. Leave to cool.
- Remove the baking trays from the oven and leave to cool.
- One everything is completely cool combine the cooked oats/seeds with the dried fruit and stir well. You can add more fruit to taste if you wanted. Finally poor in the raspberry mixture and stir until well coated.
Store in an air tight container and enjoy with yogurt or milk any time of the day for a healthy “pick me up”.