Store Manager – Victoria Lyndon
Lawsons began trading in Plymouth city centre in 1904, when Company founder Tom Lawson opened his first shop in 13 Frankfort Street, supplying tools to the dockyard and apprentice craftsmen.
In March 1941, Lawsons was completely destroyed by bombing during the Blitz, and the shop was temporarily moved to 7 Compton Street where the business expanded into selling cutlery and toys. When Plymouth was finally rebuilt in 1952, Lawsons relocated to 71 New George Street. The store featured a model railway display which many customers still remember fondly today.
In 2003 Lawsons moved from the New George Street property, relocating nearer to Drake’s Circus Shopping Mall. The new site was 13 Cornwall Street, where the Plymouth store remains today.
Today the Plymouth store specialises in cake decorating, boasting a vast range of specialist cake decorating tools and equipment, whilst offering a great selection of bakeware, kitchenware and cleaning products.
Our friendly Plymouth team is very knowledgeable, and they’re always happy to help with anything you need to know.
The Plymouth team’s fundraising activities are in aid of Alzheimer’s Society, Plymouth branch.