Berry picking season is in full swing so now is the perfect time to turn your freshly picked blackberries, elderberries, raspberries, strawberries into succulent jams and scrumptious preserves. Jams are a household favourite and can also make thoughtful gifts for family and friends.
Here at Lawsons we have everything you need for successful jam making – from traditional jam jars and sealing to straining bags and handy labels. Not to mention our beautifully crafted, homemade jam jars and fabric covers which are perfect for dressing your jam up as a charming gift.
Shop with us in store and online now at
Quick and Easy Autumn Fruit
Here’s an easy yet delicious recipe to get your jam making started!
- 300g beautifully ripe soft fruits – these can be blackberries, strawberries or raspberries
- 300g jam sugar (preserving sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- A teaspoon of lemon zest
- Put all of the soft fruit into a large pan with the jam sugar and crush lightly with a fork. Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of lemon zest
- Allow the pan to gently heat, bringing to the boil
- Reduce the jam until it becomes quite thick. Any scum that forms can be removed easily with a spoon
- Pour the contents of the pan into jam jars and allow to cool before capping
- Label and refrigerate or freeze until needed
Happy jammin’ from the Lawsons Team!