Terms & Conditions
- We are only available to accept orders for delivery to destinations offered in our shopping cart.
- We are pleased to be able to offer free delivery on orders placed for delivery to mainland UK (excluding highlands) with a value of £75.00 or more.
- Our standard carriage charge is £6.00** depending upon shipping method and weight. We use FedEx UK couriers or Royal Mail to deliver your order.
- Deliveries sent by FedEx UK are done so on a 1-3day service and require a signature, and are sent on a trackable service. Deliveries sent by Royal Mail do not have a guaranteed timescale, and may not be trackable.
- We aim to deliver within 7 working days, but please allow up to 10.
- We will contact you with a revised delivery charge if applicable before we process your order.
- Large parcels will need to be signed for upon delivery. If you would like us to leave the parcel in a safe place, please inform us in the comments box when you place the order, or you can contact us by telephone.
** This amount may vary for heavy weight items or any delivery in a remote location. (This includes Scottish highlands and offshore destinations)
If you have any questions regarding this please call Internet Sales on (01752) 897384
Purchase of Products
- All orders are subject to acceptance in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
- We are only able to accept orders for shipping to approved destinations
- All prices in our online catalogue are in UK Pounds Sterling and include UK VAT where applicable. Orders are subject to delivery charges that are stated in the shopping cart upon viewing.
- We can accept payment via Credit/Debit Card or Paypal. The cards we accept are: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and Visa Delta. We are unable to accept payment by Cheque unless by prior arrangement. We do not accept American Express
Contract creation and Order Acceptance
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process.
- You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing that we have received your order request. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in How to cancel your order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right no longer than eight days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract prior to order despatch, please contact us. If your order has already been despatched please follow the procedure set out in our Returns policy.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to Products that fall into the following categories:
- Goods specifically ordered to your requirement
- Perishable goods (for example foodstuffs
- Newspapers, Magazines & Periodicals)
- Pillows, Duvets or Duvet Covers that have been removed from their packaging
Description of products
- Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
- Pictures of products are for representative purposes, items may differ slightly from that displayed. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. The total cost of your order is the price of the Products ordered plus delivery charges as set out in the Delivery section of this Website.
- Payment can be made by any of the methods specified in the Payment section of this Website and payment will be debited and cleared from your account as set out in the Payment section of this Website.
- You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used lawfully.
- All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Refusal of transaction
- We reserve the right to withdraw any Products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any Product from this Website whether or not that Product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- To be eligible to purchase Products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:
- Be over of the relevant age to purchase restricted items
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us
- By making an offer to buy a Product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit/debit card, to obtain an initial credit/debit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Discounts will not be applied to the following areas and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer:
- Electrical products
- Products that are already discounted, on special offer or on a promotion
- Easiyo Yoghurt Sachets
- Ivybridge School Uniform
- Tavistock School Uniform
Age Resticted Products
By placing an order for an Age Restricted Product, you are declaring that you are above the required age to purchase the product.
Cancellation and Returns
Please see our Returns Policy
In some places on our website, we ask you to provide personal details such as your name and email address. We do not sell, trade, or rent your information to others.
All confidential information, including credit card details, is held securely and only transmitted in encrypted form.
We guarantee that your information will remain confidential and will only be used by Lawsons to enable us to provide a better service to you.
If you do not want to receive information from Lawsons, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We always endeavour to have our product range in stock, but we do sometimes experience delays in our suppliers delivering to us. If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will contact you to inform you of any delay that we are aware of. Generally we only experience short delays in obtaining more stocks, we will do our best to ensure you are informed of progress. Of course, you always have the option of cancelling your order.
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavors to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
Any special or indirect losses,
Suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
Lawsons is the trading name of FTB Lawson Ltd, which is a company incorporated in England and Wales and registered under company number 157227
Registered Office:- 51 North Hill, Plymouth PL4 8HZ
Please call our Internet sales hotline for more information on (01752) 897384